There is a large number and a wide range of cabinets used in the Telecom, Utility and other market segments. A large part of the outdoor cabinets are IP-rated, so the door has a rubber gasket. That door requires multiple locking points using a bolt work on the inside, with the same principle as a safe. This requires a lock that can handle this extra pressure that the bolt work requires.
- Most steel cabinets are operated by mechanical keys, which either are Keyed Alike or Keyed Differ. Both these alternatives creates thorough and time consuming key control and key management routines.
- There is no verification of who opened and when, in order to follow up external or internal service staff.
- Battery theft is a major problem.
- Securing and Monitoring IP-rated steel cabinets with electronic locks.
Many Base-Station has normally a fence with a gate to protect unauthorized people to enter the area, in-order to protect theft of diesel, batteries or other non-authorized activities.
- Not a high security site.
- Mechanical keys are hard to administrate and no control when keys are sign out to be used, so called floating keys.
- No status of the lock on the gate, diesel tank and other locked areas.
The petroleum industry has a large amount of trucks carrying valuable and sensitive petroleum products between the depots and the gas-stations. The filling caps and valves are sealed or padlocked to prevent theft or contamination.
- Seals will be costly in the long term and don't prevent contamination issues when trucks are used unauthorized.
- An independent mechanical padlock system creates key-management problems.
Mechanical keys are still the most common way to protect properties in different forms.
- Most owners of a mechanical keying systems have no key management system or control over where the keys are. This creates opportunities for people to use the keys when they are not supposed to or have time to copy keys.
- Most mechanical keys can physically be copied, so it is important to minimize the time that the keys are not in control.
Mechanical utility meters of water, gas and electricity are by far the most common way to get the readings and they are mostly read manually.
- Manual readings are costly and can only be done and can not be done with short intervals and then the readings have to be entered manually directly or indirectly.
- No automatic control of the data received or analysing of the incoming data.
- No real time control with trends or early warnings.
In today’s world criminality is getting more and more sophisticated. Complex mechanical keys can today me copied in 3D-printers, hackers are infiltrating the electronic world. The trend now is that the client want to know in real time if and when someone is entering to a site or if there is a forced entry.
- Many utility installations are located remotely and the client don’t know the status of a lock.
- The client can not plan or control if and when a site is authorised to be accessed.
To operate an organization smarter and simpler, you need to need the proper tools. It should be easy and efficient to plan meetings, communicate externally and internally.
- Most booking systems for meetings are manual or complex to operate.
- Voice conference equipment have many cables, problems with background noice and hard to pick up all participants in the room.
- When using a visual conference with a laptop, only a few are visible to the other part.
- Public space communication systems in an office rely on third party companies and software.